You are hereBack to top
Lonely Planet Electric Vehicle Road Trips - Europe 1 (Road Trips Guide) (Hardcover)
Hit the road with this ultimate guide to exploring Europe by electric car and discover 60 sublime touring routes with detailed itineraries, maps and charging station locations. Drive into the heights of the Austrian Alps or steer past thundering waterfalls in Iceland using our expert know-how to help you plan your next epic eco-friendly adventure.
Cruise the north coast of Crete to find glorious golden beaches and hill-hugged fishing villages or weave your way across Ireland from the heart of Dublin to Galway, sampling the country's finest oysters as you go. Whether you take your trusty electric vehicle for a spin or you hire a high-end model, this comprehensive guide is packed with irresistible road trips that are suitable for electric vehicles even with a modest range. All of the 60 unforgettable touring routes will guide you to a convenient charging station at the end of each day, allowing you to discover the continent in sustainable style.
Inside Electric Vehicle Road Trips - Europe:
- Explore 60 magnificent road trip routes around Europe each of which features a drive overview, total distance, duration, Plan and Prepare guide, and accurate map that shows the route and key overnight charging stations
- Essential trip planning information with expert know-how and practical insights on where to stay (with chargers on site or nearby), when to go, tips for EV drivers, further details such as road signage and Highway Code rules
- Fun travel experiences and must-see landmarks along the way including visits to ancient ruins, picturesque hikes, fascinating museums, once-in-a-lifetime landscapes and views, off-the-beaten track food and drink hotspots, and more
- Extensive coverage on ‘Getting to know EVs' with practical information on using an EV for touring and how to plan a road trip: Connecting up; Finding a charger; Charging etiquette; Renting an RV, Apps for route planning
- Covers: Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Malta, Spain), Western Europe (Austria, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Portugal, Scotland, Switzerland, Wales), Northern Europe (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Croatia, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia)
Charge your electric car for a European road trip like no other and enjoy a revved-up getaway that ranges from a long weekend to a multi-week adventure. This guide is the perfect inspiration for seasoned sustainable explorers or for anyone looking to take the leap into the world of EV travel.
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world's number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' – Fairfax Media (Australia)